International students that wish to come to Bremen
and broaden their horizon by experiencing a scientific
challenge in a different culture might consider to join
the IDS Team. If you found that our research topics
correspond with your background and you are interested
in joining the IDS as a PhD-Student then you should
follow the procedure given below.
To be part of the IDS as an Exchange Student you
should be prepared to work on a project independently,
supervised by Prof. Garcìa-Ortiz and other team members
sharing your projects background.
Your application must contain:
- A complete C.V.
- Your examination documents BSc., MSc., etc.
- A short description of your ideas for a thesis
- Expected starting date
- Names and full addresses of 2-3 scientists/Professors who may be asked for a recommendation
- A description of how you will cover the cost of living during the PhD-Study.
Please send the whole application as one pdf file. At
the first stage no certified documents are required,
but the original documents and certified translations
must be presented in course of the final application.
The living cost during your stay may be covered in different ways:
- Stipend of a German funding organization. E.q. DAAD
- Stipend of a foreign funding organization (usually from your home country)
- PhD-Stipend of the IDS (available stipend will be advertised)
- Paid position as a scientist at the IDS (open position are advertised)